What I've Been Reading #2





What I've Been Reading (is that even what I called it? I can't even remember) is a post thingy that was inspired by Book Journey's "It's Monday! What are you reading?" that I began writing back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.  I always love seeing what you guys have been reading, what books you've been liking and what books you've been disliking and I thought doing this post every now and then might invite some discussion on what we've all been reading! YAY! 

***

Hi everybody! I hope you are well! As I'm writing this I am shrieking in excitement because I just received a proof of What's A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne and I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED I CAN'T ACTUALLY EVEN. Holly's books are so incredible, there's a positive female friendship, feminism, humor, mental health...it's so good. GO READ THEM. This is only published in August...but I think I'm going to read it next! EEK. 

I'm starting my home-schooling again this week and although I love school...I don't want my holidays to be over! *cries* But luckily it'll only be English until my maths and physics books arrive (next month) so I won't have too much work.

SO, I started out reading a lot last week, I finished a book Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but I could feel a reading slump coming on, so I took a bit of a break from intense reading, only reading some of my non-fiction astronomy book to avoid The Slump - and it worked! 
                              Everything, EverythingUntamed (Splintered, #3.5)Violet Ink
I had such a brilliant reading week! I started off the week with finishing Untamed by A.G. Howard and I really enjoyed it. The first two novellas were boring but the last one was SO EMOTIONAL.

I then read Violent Ink by Rebecca Westcott (I highly recommend Rebecca's debut, Dandelion Clocks - so good!) and I loved it! I read it in around 2 sittings. It's about family, changes, growing up, secrets - really good!


Finally I read Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and OH MY GOSH, THIS BOOK. I wasn't really feeling the first 20 pages but then I fell in love. It was so heart-wrenching and heartwarming and I was laughing and crying and IT'S JUST SO GOOD. Definitely one of the top books I've read this year! I have a copy out from the library and it's littered with post-it notes - need to get my own copy so that I can mark all my favourite quotes!

                                                  
Have you read any of these and what did you think?


I started All that Glitters this afternoon and I'm really enjoying it so far! I absolutely love these books - they're so funny and I adore Harriet! I must say though, the books are beginning to feel slightly repetitive...but hopefully I'll still end up loving this one!


I'm really hoping for a clear night soon so I can apply all I've learnt and try to find my way around the night skies!
THIS QUESTION IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

I'm thinking of reading What's a Girl Gotta Do? next as well as Love Letters to the Dead! I HAVE SO MANY LIBRARY BOOKS AND SO MANY REVIEW BOOKS AND SO MANY BOUGHT BOOKS AND ACK. *flops*

So, tell me! What have you read, what are you reading and what do you think you'll be reading next?!