August, the month of bookish challenges! (Readathons, bookstagram, ARC challenges, oh my!)


I know I probably sound like a stuck record by now as I say this every month...but where is the time going?! It feels like just yesterday I was celebrating the start of a new year and now it's four months until Christmas. Um, what? I also can't believe it's officially the last full month of summer! I absolutely love the heat and the sun and although England is a beautiful country, the weather does get to me *slightly* and I kiiiind of feel like I haven't had a summer but I'm sure I'll survive! 

game of thrones snow cold jon snow sad john

One thing I'm really excited about for August is all the amazing book challenges and readathons that are popping up! My FAVOURITE book event is happening this month (Bout of Books) and I've specifically scheduled me in a holiday for the week of its occurrence so that I can read ALL THE BOOKS. Aentee from Read At Midnight is also hosting a super fabulous readathon inspired by Pokemon Go and although I haven't played it yet (DON'T JUDGE ME), I definitely want to participate as it looks like much fun shall be had. I'm also going to try to participate in TWO bookstagram challenges this month! Charnell from Reviews from a Bookworm and @aimzlovezbooks's challenges as the prompts sound fantastic! I'm awful at sticking to them though but I SHALL TRY. Another event I'll be participating in is ARC August! I have quite a few review copies on my shelf and I'm super excited to get to them!



I'm hoping I'll be able to complete the readathons and bookstagram challenges as I'm starting my AS levels tomorrow (help) and it's so much work. I'm super excited for them but bye free time.



ReadThemAllThon

Now to talk about the books I'm hoping to read for the Pokemon readathon (August 14th to 4th of September!) which you should all totally sign up for because IT SOUNDS SO FUN. Here is all the information and the sign up page: https://readatmidnight.com/2016/07/25/pokemon-indigo-league-readthemallthon-sign-up/ - let me know if you're joining! 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge01-Boulder
Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond. I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies as I'm not sure if it's going to be kept as a duology or extended into a series but anyway, this is the first book. Teenage Lois Lane. Journalism. Sleuthing. Superman. THIS SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN.
Dear Charlie by N.D. Gomes. This book is about a boy writing letters to his dead brother who killed himself as well as 15 other people in a school shooting. I'm pretty sure this book is going to break my heart!

The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. I've been hearing from some of my favourite book bloggers that this book is amazing and heartbreaking and the best thing ever. I'm scared because hype but it sounds too good to pass up!
ReadThemAllThon-Badge04-Rainbow
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I'm not sure if this counts as a diverse book but it has a disability in so I think it might? All I know is this book is going to break my heart. My mom read this a year or two ago (#hipster) and she told me what happened because I wasn't really interested in reading it back then but I think I have prepared myself sufficiently (lol no) and I totally won't be a mess after finishing it (liar) and I hope I love it!
Two Summers by Aimee Friedman. THIS BOOK LOOKS SO CUTE AND LOVEY DOVEY AND SHIPPY AND SUMMERY AND YAS.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. I've put off reading this book forever as I know so many of the characters I love are going to be dying and I'm just not prepared to say goodbye to them. THE PREVIOUS BOOK WAS TRAUMATIC ENOUGH OKAY.
Bad Magic by Pseudonymous Bosch. I loved reading PB's books when I was 12-13 and this book has been on my shelf for quite a few months and I've finally decided to pick it up! I hope I love it as much as I loved his other books!
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith. You do not know how long it took me to find a book on my shelf that was vaguely apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic BUT I FOUND THIS. It's listed as apocalyptic on Goodreads so it's legit, I think.

THERE WE HAVE IT! Will I be able to read all of these? I sure hope so! 


Read Sleep Repeat is hosting ARC August which I'm super excited to participate in! I have a few review copies on my shelf so I'm hoping I can get through a few of them! 

THE BOOKS:

I'm hoping to read these! HOWEVER, if I manage to read these all, I'll also try to read my other 3 ARCs which happen to be...:

  • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
  • Frostblood by Elly Blake
  • Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman




WISH ME LUCK!!!

So, let's talk! Are you going to be participating in any readathons or bookstagram challenges? How was your July and what are you looking forward to in August?