Books on my autumn TBR pile!


Good heavens, I can't believe autumn is upon us once again! I never used to like it but I'm learning to love the colder weather (slowly, but surely) and I'm kind of falling in love with sweaters and fireplaces and reading on rainy days.

Image result for dancing pumpkin gif

I don't know about you but I've found my reading is very specific during the warmer seasons and the colder ones. During summer and spring I pretty much read contemporary all the time because BEACH! ROMANCE! CUTESY STUFF! It just screams summer, you know? (or is that just me being odd?) During autumn and winter I love reading fantasy, dystopia and paranormal. With the sky dark, the rain pouring and the wind howling it just seems right to read genres where magic and mayhem unfolds. However, as I'm trying to read more Netgalley/Edelweiss books – of which many are contemporary – there will be some of that thrown in too!

My Autumn TBR Pile:

1.The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
I've been wanting to read this book forever. Why haven't I read it yet?! I mean, it's right there on my kindle. Also, PRETTY COVER IS PRETTY.

2. Never Never by Brianna Shrum
PETER PAN! I love Peter Pan, methinks I'm going to like this one.

3. The Hollow Boy/The Creeping Shadow by Jonathan Stroud
I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVEN'T READ THE LATEST LOCKWOOD AND CO BOOKS. I'm getting them to review shortly and I'm so excited because they're deliciously creepy with their ghosts and hauntings but they also have amazing characters, the writing is fabulous and the plots are generally excellent. The perfect halloween read!

4. Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
Escapes from mental institutions, Snow White, romance...IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. However, I've read quite a few negative reviews but hopefully I'll love it!

5. Frostblood by Elly Blake
This fantasy sounds epic, I must say. It's been getting pretty good reviews as well which is always good!

6. I Am the Traitor by Allen Zadoff
THIS TRILOGY IS FANTASTIC. ANTI-HEROES, ASSASSINS AND DRY HUMOR. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!

7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Everyone has read this but me, I swear. I WILL get to this series this autumn – I hope I love it as much as everyone else seems to!

8. More of Me by Katheryn Evans
This book sounds so intriguing. It sounds quite eerie and poignant and AH, why haven't I read it yet?!



9. They Call Me Alexandra Gastone by T.A. Maclagan
CIA?! FALSE IDENTITIES?! SPY MISSIONS?! YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

10 . Charlie,Presumed Dead by Anne Heltzel
As you probably know by now, I never read thrillers/murder mysteries but this sounds so good


Have you read any of these? Which book do you recommend I read first? What books are on YOUR autumn TBR pile?! LET'S TALK.