What I've Been Reading #14 - BONE GAP IS STILL MY FAVOURITE THING


HELLO EVERYBODY!

I hope you are well!

Last week was a pretty good week for me! I was very productive with all my school work and exam prep, I literally can't remember the last time I got so many things done in a couple of days so GO ME! I also went to my first maths tutoring session on Saturday and I was SO NERVOUS because I've never had a maths tutor before so I was like "What if I'm actually really stupid and I don't understand all the mathsy things he's saying" BUT IT ACTUALLY WENT WELL. I needed help with this one trigonometry chapter and we almost went through the whole chapter in just 45 minutes. I'm feeling *slightly* less scared for my maths exams now!

On Saturday I also got a bookcase! A BILLY bookcase which is the bookcase I've been wanting forever. It looks so pretty and I'm so happy with it! My parents also surprised me with all of Ed Sheeran's CDs which made me SOOO HAPPY because I LOVE Ed Sheeran and I've been wanting to get his CDs for 500 years, practically, so THAT WAS AWESOME. 




If you need me I'll be in front of my bookcase, staring at it because IT'S SO PRETTY. #proudmom

Persepolis: The Story of a ChildhoodBone Gap

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi ⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Bone Gap by Laura Ruby 

Persepolis was heartbreaking, it was humorous, it was personal and political. It taught me so much about the Iranian revolution - it made me laugh and it made me cry. I'd highly recommend it! 

BONE GAP. HOLY FREAKING HECK. THIS BOOK. I LOVED IT. THE WRITING, THE CHARACTERS, THE MAGICAL REALISM, THE ROMANCE, THE MESSAGE IT SENT....I just can't even. I need to write a review on it and I literally don't know how I'm going to write a coherent review. Or one that does it justice. BECAUSE IT'S SO INCREDIBLE and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I want to reread it right now. Can I do that? I probably shouldn't but...#yolo.

I haven't had a chance to start a new book today, oops. But I think I might go reread some of Bone Gap because it's brilliant

 
The BreadwinnerFirst Girl


Two diverse reads that I'm SUPER excited for! One is set in Afghanistan and the other in China, I've never read books with that setting before so EXCUSE ME WHILE I  FLAIL.