What I've Been Reading #18



HELLO!

How have you all been? I've had quite a good week. I went to the William Herschel astronomy museum in Bath which was so fun! It was quite incredible to think I stood in the backyard where the planet, Uranus, was discovered. ISN'T THAT AWESOME?!

It was quite an inspiring outing as William was quite a well-known musician and he then gained world recognition for the telescopes he built and his astronomical discoveries; it made me feel really inspired that he managed to chase after both dreams that were so vastly different from the other as sometimes I've thought I can only be good at science or the arts...I liked how he proved that one can do both. It also gave me some serious motivation in the academics department which I need as I start my FINAL YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL next week and I seriously don't want my holiday to be over. 😂 

Along the way I also popped into Mr. B's Emporium of Reading Delights (I FINALLY WENT THERE. YAY!) which is so beautiful inside and their selection of books is AMAZING! I literally could've spent hours in there and bought all the books because SO MANY AMAZING BOOKS I CAN'T BREATHE.

I took a few pictures so HERE YOU GO:











The Nowhere EmporiumFahrenheit 451The Here and NowBatman: R.I.P.
The Nowhere Emporium - ⭐.5 | Fahrenheit 451 - ⭐ | There Here and Now - ⭐.5 | Batman R.I.P. - 

*throws dance party because I read four books in a week* 

I'm really happy with the amount of books I read last week and I'm super pleased that I enjoyed half of them as well! My first book of the week (and of the month) was The Here and Now and although it was addictive and fast-paced, the characters and the romance were super flat and I didn't have any strong feelings towards them at all, really. SO THAT WAS DISAPPOINTING. 


I then listened to the audiobook of The Nowhere Emporium and guys, it's a super good middle-grade novel that I highly recommend! It was so imaginative and magical, the writing was superb, the characters were excellent and the plot was fantastic too! I absolutely loved it.

I then decided to read Batman R.I.P. whilst I was sitting at the library waiting for my parents to finish up in town and....I literally have no idea what happened in that book. Not a clue. I googled though and, apparently, loads of people were confused. YAY, I'm not as stupid as I thought I was!

I then read Fahrenheit 451 yesterday and I LOVED it. From the first page, I knew I was going to love it because his writing style is so incredibly unique and I was instantly captivated. I absolutely loved the premise of the book as well and I thought it was executed brilliantly. Can you imagine a world where books are forbidden and have to be burned? IT HURTS TO THINK ABOUT IT.

Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)How to Fly with Broken Wings

I'M FINALLY READING CARVE THE MARK. I'm 70 pages in and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far! It has to be back at the library on Wednesday though as someone has reserved it and I won't have time to read tomorrow as I'll be in the car and out for most of the day so I have a major dilemma. 😂 Maybe my dad will buy it for me though as he's also a fan of Veronica Roth's books so...time to work on my puppy dog eyes!

 

I'm also currently listening to the audiobook of How to Fly with Broken Wings which is actually a review copy that I got eons a go, so go me for finally getting around to reading it! I'm kind of liking it but not really because one of the POVs (it's dual narrative by Sascha and Willem) is so. annoying. She literally says "proper" in every third sentence e.g. "I went to school today and it was proper boring. I hung out with Finn and I'm not sure why because he can be proper mean sometimes." That isn't a quote from the book but it's an accurate representation of the writing in Sascha's chapters and it's getting to me just a tad. 

Image result for hercules hades hot and cold gif

Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1)Since You've Been Gone

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THESE. Ink and Bone is my library's book club's book of the month so I'm looking forward to reading Ink and Bone and discussing it with the rest of the group. Since You've Been Gone is a book I've been meaning to read every summer since it first came out...I WILL GET TO IT THIS SUMMER. I WILL. 

That's my week in a nutshell! What books did you read last week and what are you currently reading? Have you read any of these?