What I've Been Reading #19


GOOD EVENING! 

I hope you all are well! 

I had a good weekend. I went to Nando's on Friday with a friend which was a lot of fun. I spent Saturday morning volunteering and then on Sunday I attended my church's morning and evening service which was great! I'm so happy we found a church and I'm learning so much about the Bible during the services, which is always good! I also went to the park on Sunday with my parents and we had tortilla chips, chocolate buttons and cherries. The sun was shining, a brass band was playing and I read some of Carve the Mark - it was a lovely day!

I didn't read as much as I would've liked last week as it was quite a busy week. We were out a lot and I was volunteering a lot so I didn't get to read much. However, I did finish two books! GO, ME! 

I also started my final year of school today and it was quite relaxed. I started at 8:30 and I finished before 14:00 which was awesome! It probably won't be like that again so I enjoyed it while it lasted. 😂 I wasn't really able to do physics though as I realised I'd ordered the wrong textbook but my new one should be here tomorrow! I'm so excited for this year's physics because although it looks SO HARD, there's an astrophysics unit and the topics look amazing! I'll write a post about it once I get the book so I can show you what I'll be learning! 

I'm also getting my maths exam results on Thursday and I'm so nervous because I'm pretty sure I messed up the first exam. I had two other maths exams and I think those went quite well but I don't know if I did well enough in them to make up for the first exam. I'M SO SCARED FOR MY RESULTS.

ANYWAY, I have tomorrow off from school (yay!) and every Tuesday for the next three weeks because I'm volunteering so I'll hopefully spend the morning reading and blogging and then, if work is quiet, I can read there too! YAY! 

Contagion (Dark Matter, #1)How to Fly with Broken Wings

Contagion - ⭐.5 | How to Fly with Broken Wings - ⭐.5

Contagion was SO GOOD. I absolutely flew through it. It was addictive, gripping, horrifying...I LOVED IT SO MUCH. I need the next book so badly. You should all read it, like, now.

How to Fly with Broken Wings is a cute middle-grade novel and although I enjoyed it I didn't absolutely love it. My review will be up this week! 

Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)

I LOVE THIS BOOK. The characters are wonderful, the world building is wonderful, the writing is wonderful and I love it a lot. I'm so happy that Veronica Roth still remains one of my favourite authors! I've been reading this for a week and I'm not sure why it's taking me so long? All I know is that I don't want it to end! 

Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1)Since You've Been Gone

Same as last week! I'm hoping to finish Carve the Mark tonight or tomorrow morning (I have 142 pages left) and then read Ink and Bone tomorrow during volunteering (provided the library isn't too busy!) as Wednesday is book club and I haven't read it yet. I'm not the most organised person when it comes to reading, clearly.

What did you read last week? Did you enjoy it? Have you read Carve the Mark and what did you think?