March Wrap-Up and April TBR (or lack thereof because EXAMS!!)


HI everyone!


Happy April! It's the month of warmer weather, little lambs and CHOCOLATE - all wonderful things! You guys won't believe it, but I actually have Easter Chocolate left. I know, who knew such a thing could even occur.  *EDIT: I did when I wrote this post. A week later? Nada.*


March wasn't a great month for me. I heard some bad news about a mutual friend, and my anxiety was super bad. I'm quite nervous for April, as I have to attend a week-long physics thing to do practicals from 8:30-17:00. FOR FIVE DAYS. I haven't done a practical in 8 years, and I'm very nervous that I'll completely mess everything up. I know it's not a big deal to most people, but I'm not sure how I'll handle it with my anxiety. 


I can also officially say that my exams are next month. *internal screaming* 
I feel very under prepared for them, as I still have so much work to do. April and May are going to be months of intense revision, so I'm going to finalise my revision plan and keep my head down the next couple of months. I just need to push through all the stress and work until I'm FINALLY free on the 22nd of June. Then I'm on my gap year, and I can breathe again. I feel like since IGCSES it's been nonstop stress, so I'm looking forward to a break from education! 


Ok, venting aside, I READ 13 BOOKS IN MARCH!!! Who even am I?! Admittedly, 2 of them were really tiny books (under 100 pages), but I'm still very pleased with myself!
  1. Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (those are false eyelashes in the book, btw. Just thought I'd clarify 🤣)
My church had a book sale last month, so I ended up buying quite a few books AND actually reading them instead of hoarding them for five years!? 👏 I really enjoyed all of them, particularly True Love and Why I Believe. They're quick reads, but very informative! 


I also read The Storyspinner and An Enchantment of Ravens (both free reads on Simon & Schuster's Riveted website for March). I really enjoyed both these books, although I did feel like both of them were missing that extra something to make them FAVESSSSS. 

I've also taken over my mom's old iPad as she got a new one last month, and I saw she had our library's e-book lending app installed, so naturally I was like "Ooooh". 😻 I saw they had the entire collection of The Fab Confessions of Georgia Nicholson by Louise Rennison. I read the first book agggessss ago (I think 10 years ago!), and I was interested to see how I'd find it now. It's also those books I ALWAYS see in libraries/charity stores etc, so I thought "Let's give it a go!". They are ridiculous but hilarious, and I'm not sure I even like them but they are highly entertaining. I read the first 5 in March, and I've finished the 6th this month. Should I continue them or not?

I also read It's Not Me, It's You. I needed a quick, lighthearted read and this SO delivered. It was told in interview form, the concept was cute, as were the characters. If you want a super fluffy read, you should read it!

For once I'm not setting an actual TBR pile (the horror!), because I doubt I'll be reading much the next 2.5 months. I would like to finish The Hazel Wood and read some of the books I have out from the library, particularly All the Crooked Saints and Satellite. 


What books are you hoping to read this month? What books did you get to last month?